h11p: 1K web server for RISC OS
V1.31 (11/06/2006): h11p.zip (6,303 bytes). Should work OK on RISC OS 3 and above, with MimeMap version 0.05 (And
whatever the other Internet modules are).
Yes, you read that right. Sure, it doesn't even implement full HTTP/0.9, but it does work quite well in numerous browsers
(read: At least 2). It even works on RISC OS 5!
- Run obeyfile to check for the MimeMap module and set the servers' document root directory.
- Run h11p
- Point your favourite web browser at http://127.0.0.1/index.txt
- The server should be able to serve any page with an appropriate MimeMap definition.
- If it can't find a page or encounters any error whatsoever, it will just close the connection instead of returning a 404
(or other error message).
- Filename translation is hideously simple, just consisting of swapping .'s for /'s and vice-versa.
- Practically no parsing is performed on the HTTP request - so only simple GET's are likely to work.
- There are a couple of options in the BASIC source code to control whether 'Server:' headers are sent and to enable the