Quake Single player levels
J1 - The Arena
(j1.zip, 122,726 bytes)
A stadium/colleseum type arena, where you must fight to the death against monsters of increasing difficulty. May be useful
in training up players. Forgive the incredibly bad 'audience' texture (actually borrowed from one of the
lost deathmatch levels), since I was concentrating more on making it play well
than look good (Not that I did much/any gameplay tweaking, as I recall...). Works in deathmatch.
J2 - The Pain Element
(j2.zip, 378,700 bytes)
The Quake version of my Doom level by the same name. Doesn't have the large underground
cavern due to WorldCraft playing up, so the structure of play is different. Works in deathmatch.
J3 - An unfinished level
No download, since it is so early in development there isn't much point.
J4 - Trap Land (Also unfinished)
An experimental level, designed to be full of fiendish traps. Didn't get finished though.
- The first trap you'll find is more of an optical illusion; A door in the middle of nowhere (i.e. you see nothing if you
walk behind it, and can in fact walk right round it), yet if you open it you see a passage (Which you can walk along and
into the next area). Worked by a trigger infront of the door causing the passageway to lower from the ceiling. The passage
and the hidden door which the passage leads to all have sky texture on the outside edges, so that you can't see where they
- Next you have a choice: The left door, or the right door. However both lead to death; what you were meant to do was to
notice the secret door on the way in, and go through that instead.
- Bog standard sliding floor trap to reveal a pool of lava
- A squishing trap: When you reach a certain point of a corridor, one (intentionally obvious) wall will start to close in
to crush you. You can't run forwards to escape it, so you have to go back. The wall itself is hollow, and has a passage
running through it so that you can get to the other side when it's moved into position.
- A wind tunnel running through a corridor, and pushing you into some lava - you must dash across the corridor in order
to make it.
- A slate, should you stand still and wait for a slow door to open instead of getting out the
- And finally three bridges - one leads to a cage which will close round you, one is an illusion, and the other will
fall away if you cross it too slowly.